Storing perishable products in a controlled environment increases their lifespan. If you want to use high-quality cold rooms for your business, choose something consistent, robust and energy-efficient. With so many varieties available in the market, choosing one often becomes a daunting task. It is always advisable to check the specifications and detailed features of the cold room before hiring or buying one.
What Are Cold Rooms?
Cold rooms are specially designed modular structures which can keep the consistent temperature inside the room. They are made using panels of different sizes, so there is sufficient space for storage according to your business needs. They are available in different dimensions and with advanced features which ensure optimal temperature management. Most of the cold rooms in Derby are capable of maintaining a temperature between 50°C to +15°C. Choose one wisely as buying a cold room is an investment. It should be energy-efficient and reliable, so you can keep all the products at the right temperature and maintain hygiene levels.
Few Common Features Of A Standard Cold Room
• They have a modular construction, so installing it is easy and quick.
• You can change the multi-functional settings according to the type of product.
• The panel sizes are flexible so that you can adjust them according to the size of the product.
• You can manage optimal temperature over a wide range.
• There are sweep gaskets that seal the air inside it and maintain a consistent temperature.
• The cam locking feature ensures that the walls, ceilings, corners, floors and doors are properly aligned.
Few Points To Consider When Choosing Cold Rooms
• The refrigeration technology used
• The temperature range it can maintain
• Level of insulation
• Shelving and storage space
Maintenance Of Cold Rooms
Some business owners have not yet bought a cold room because they think that these rooms require a lot of maintenance. If you are one of them, it’s high time you debunk the myth. Choose ICETEK when buying and installing commercial refrigeration units, and you can rest assured that the energy-efficient freezer rooms won’t require much care. Most of them are ideal for storing perishable items like fruits, vegetables and dairy products. The units are maintained and monitored to prevent water leakages and the entry of foreign materials so you can have complete peace of mind.